- Soy Beans (150 g) to make 1littre of Soy milk.
- A pinch of salt (optional)
- Water (as appropriate)
- A blender; Kenwood or Philips
- Muslin cloth
- 1 Sieve and 2-3 bowls
- A measuring cup
Have you hands properly cleaned before touch the food item. Do not forget to make sure your equipment are clean too.
- Grab the 150gram Soya beans and pour into a big bowl.
- Add enough quantity of portable water to cover the beans well enough to give room for swelling.
- Keep the mixture for about 8 hours or overnight. By that time, you would have noticed the beans had doubled or tripled in size.
- Drain the water away using a sieve or carefully pour the water away.
- Prepare and add hot water at 6O°C to the beans. It will help soften the hull of the beans so that it can be easily removed by hand rubbing and help inhibit further enzyme activities just after the soaking.
- Rub the beans between your hands to take away the hull or skin just like you would do to beans in the making of Moimoi and Akara until it is completely done.
- Carefully remove the hull by washing with water again and again until it remains the de hulled soy beans. Usually the hull will rise to the top.
- Pour the entire Soya beans into a blender and add 1 litre of portable water.
- Blend for like five minutes and pour into a bowl. Ensure the solution is smooth.
Go to page 3 for the final steps and your Soy Milk is ready…
Like us on Facebook
Follow @Foods_NG on Twitter