There are many fruit smoothies all around but it does seem that many Nigerians do not find fruit smoothies as a healthy way to start their day. Certain people are used to consuming heavy high calorie foods like yam, rice and potatoes as breakfast while smoothies of different types exist for them to explore.
One of the best ways to kick start your day is to consume a light and healthy food usually in liquid or pureed consistency. In view of this I have decided to share with you a fruit smoothie that both children and adult will find delicious whether as breakfast or as snacks.
Making A Healthy & Very Tasteful Fruit Smoothie
Yes, this smoothie looks very inviting and things you need to make it are very cheap and easy to come by. Just follow the rest of this post to make something like this for yourself.
Ingredients for making the Smoothie
- One big size apple
- Two fingers of banana
- Water (To your preferred consistency)
- Two oranges or tangerines
- One sachet of Milk 25gram
- A blender
Method Of Preparation
Clearly, the step by step method of making this smoothie is so simple. Thanks to my powerful blender that helps produce smoothies of creamy consistencies.
- Wash your hands clean and also your fruits. Do not spare the blender. You do not want to battle with food contamination.
- Dice your apple into smaller pieces for ease of blending and keep aside.
- Peel and dice the bananas and keep aside.
- Peel the oranges using your hands. This time you do not only need the juice but you also need the fibre. Usually, I prefer tangerines. Try as much as possible to remove all the seeds except you bought seedless variety.
- Pour all the prepared fruits into the blender and add water based on your prefer thickness or consistency. Actually, I love mine slightly thick. Do not forget to add the 25g of milk.
- Blend at both high speed and low speed until a creamy solution is made. Hey, your heathy fruit smoothie is ready.
I hope you will find this lovely. This is the way I make my smoothie. You could be adventurous with this recipe by adding a few carrots to increase the fibre content. But for every added fruit, you might want to add one more finger of banana. Anyways, the choice is all yours based on your preference. I definitely love bananas.Hey do not forget to place the whole mixture in the fridge to make it chill.
By my estimation, this smoothies is about 500kcal. It can be served for two people during breakfast or mid snack supplying an average of 250kcal of healthy food.
Trying to lose some pounds of flesh? This is a great way to start your day – low calorie, yet filling and highly nutritious to the body. Do give it a try.