For me, nothing is richer and healthier than been able to make everything right in your small or large size kitchens as you have it. This way you determine what goes in or goes out. Usually, it is a better option than most of the concoction that we consume outside even so called drugs.
Have you ever heard our mothers advise their daughter on the need to eat plenty of Ugwu vegetable? I have several times. The reason behind this is because the leaf is loaded with iron, a mineral that is key to improve your blood production level especially during and after menstrual cycle.
In this article, I will be sharing with you in about few steps how you can make a healthy vegetable juice out of your pumpkin leaf.
Equipment needed for making Ugwu Juice
- A blender or food processor
- A sieve or muslin cloth
- Ugwu leaves (Pumpkin)
- A tin of evaporated milk or a bottle of malt drink or both using half quantity apiece.
- One Orange
Method Of Preparation
The making of this juice is so easy such that it will take you less than 20 minutes to reach your end product. Check out the steps below.
- Get your hands properly cleaned to avoid contamination.
- Ensure you properly rinse the entire ugwu leaves to remove all debris and insects crippling on it. Do this process twice. You do not need to slice the ugwu.
- Pour the ugwu leaves into the blender.
- Add some quantity of water and blend with high speed until smooth. This could take up to five minutes depending on your blender.
- Drain the juice using a sieve or muslin cloth
- Put the solution to boil for between 90-120 seconds so that more vitamins become released. Let the solution cool off lightly.
- Add the entire tin of evaporated milk or malt bottle drink or add half quantity of both into the solution.
- Squeeze the orange into the solution. This is completely optional. Your Ugwu vegetable juice is ready to be served.
While this might not be sweet to taste, it is rich in plenty nutrients that are good to replenish your body. If you must make this juice sweet to your taste, you could had a cup of pineapple juice extract but ensure you do not over dilute the solution to much. For me, I love it without the pineapple. Men are particularly advised to take this before or after intercourse.
Do not forget to share your comments when you have tried this recipe.